Masculine Birthday Cards

I thought I would catch up on showing you some of my latest projects. I have quite a few to do, and here is the the first one.

I always find it hard to do birthday cards for males. Why? Well because the supplies are limited. No brads, no ribbons, so sparkles, no organza....Or SO I thought....

Here are a few of the masculine birthday cards I recently made.
I made this card for my brother-in-law's birthday back in April. I love the Lovely As A Tree set and it looks even better embossed!! This time I used the silver embossing powder. I stuck with the Old Olive and Chocolate Chip combination from the previous card but changed to Crumb Cake. I kept the embossing on white card stock. It comes out really clean. And who said you can't use ribbon for a masculine card??
Another take on the Lovely as a Tree card with Very vanilla cardstock and on a chocolate chip background. And I even used a button! And TWO types of ribbon...And it still looks quite masculine. LOVE the result of this one!!!

 This one uses the recently retired Medallion stamp. Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Old Olive make a really nice combination. The medallion stamp was stamped 3 times ,once in old olive for the square, once in chocolate chip for the circle and again in old olive for the little flower in the middle. They are each attached with dimensionals to make them pop.

The last two cards were a take of a fellow demonstrators tree I saw online and really liked the turquoise, roan and olive combination. And they are really good for a guy's birthday :-). Really like the top one with the wide ribbon tied with twine.

Hope you like them and can get some inspiration for your future projects.

Hugs,
Renate

0 comments:

Post a Comment